Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Human Mind

The Human mind is a complex place. The paths it takes to destinations unknown, are strange. You never know where your mind is going, the moment you let it free. Automatic threads are programmed, detours taken in a flash. In a moment of calm, you start thinking of the latest cricket match you watched - a moment later, you're thoughts are wandering back to the first time you laid your eyes on your first bicycle. Where from do these thoughts get their directions? I dont know. What makes us think the way we do? I dont know. Well, If I'd known the answers to these, I'd have become an icon by now, a person who knows the working intricacies of the human mind. But since I dont know I'm still where I am.

Newspapers in India are filled with the death of LTTE leader Prabhakaran. Each time I see the words of his death, my mind takes its own path to a different destination altogether. On one of these 'mind journeys', i see the LTTE as a extremist, terrorist outfit, fighting against the Government that feeds them. The very next journey takes a totally different turn, where the same outfit appeals to me as a group of stubborn, undeterred freedom fighters fighting tooth and nail for their lives, for their right to live lives the way they desire. Which of these destinations is the correct one?

This brings us to the moment of truth. The truth about truth. 'Truth' is a very complex word. It changes based on the side you are on. And it is when you achieve 'absolute neutrality' when you analyse a statement, that the 'actual truth' dawns on you. How many of us have achieved this 'absolute neutrality' leading to the 'actual truth'?

More later.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment